Sunday 14 March 2010

The night I watched hard men and popped bubbles

Last night I went to a club night at the Hatchet Inn called "Pop Bubble Rock", which was alright... the music tended to be either cheesy/rock like Busted or the Glee version of Don't Stop Believing or Blink 182, which was fun, or went a bit hardcore/American emo punk, which was a bit shit. The room was full of people with lots of hair product (be it dye or gel), plaid shirts, tunnel piercings and tattoos. I'm fine with people like that on a small scale, but a room full made me feel a bit claustrophobic. I stole the bubble mix they gave out free though, so that's good. This is a picture from their facebook page, I just like it because it has Leila from SB6 in it, and she's awesome...



I wish I had the dedication to be that ska punx all the time, but you can only really get away with it if you're in a band, and I don't fit that criteria anymore.

On Friday I went over t'boys' house (that is Jim, Jack, Ben, Dave and Mike's house), got Dominos and watched some amazing TV like Snog Marry Avoid, Hotter than my Daughter, and a new show we discovered called Britain's Hardest Man. This was hosted by that guy who played Ross Kemp's brother in Eastenders, set in a warehouse, and featured 3 men battling it out to see who would be the "hardest". There are so so many things wrong (and yet so right) about this show, not least the crazy amount of innuendos in it (eg. "Tim may be small, but makes up for it by being incredibly hard" or something along those lines). I would advise anyone to watch at least one episode, possibly combined with a drinking game.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it WAS presented by Ross Kemp?
    Now it's presented by Phil mitchell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely Phil, aka Steve McFadden. Turns out the show is actually just called "Britain's Hardest", which possibly sounds even more dirty...

    ReplyDelete